Thursday, June 9, 2011
BABY COCHRAN #4!
Well, this is USUALLY the most exciting time for us but unfortuntately has been the most stressful. At 6 weeks, I found out that I have an extremely large subchorionic homorrhage (blood clot) in my uterus from a tear in my placenta. Apparently this only happens in 1-3% of pregnancies and I happen to be a "lucky winner". The doctor doesn't know the cause of it, but says the best way to get it to heal and get the blood clot to get absorbed back into my body is strict bedrest. So here I am (almost 18 weeks along)....still in bed with that same stubborn blood clot that hasn't gotten any smaller. Good news is that the baby is perfectly healthy, has great movements, and is completely unaffected by all this going on. Bad news is that not only am I on bedrest, but I still have a very high percentage to miscarry at any point (even up to the last few days of the pregnancy). Due to this, I haven't really announced my pregnancy to many people but those who know are being so incredibly supportive, we really appreciate the help! Since I'm almost halfway through the pregnancy, I thought I could start telling people little by little. Matt is doing an AWESOME job being Mr. Mom. He's taking care of the kids, working, cooking, cleaning, laundry, yardwork, and somewhere in there gets a few hours of sleep a night.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






1 comment:
Congrats, Denise! So happy for you. We will pray for a safe pregnancy. Hang in there! I will take the kids anytime for a play date if you want?!
Post a Comment